You can enjoy the beauty of spring blossoms anytime you want with these pretty textured flowers. I’ve used this flower pattern for about a dozen different purposes over the last 20 years. Here are a few:
- Join two of these flowers back to back and stuff with a small cotton insert. Add a few drops of essential oils or a spritz of perfume to make a fancy sachet. (Great hostess gift!)
- Sew it as a patch on jeans to hide a tear or to add some boutique flair.
- Use it as an element in a freeform crochet or Irish Crochet-style project.
- Attach it to the end of a narrow rectangle of fabric and create a designer bookmark.
- Soak your flower in fabric stiffener and block it. Add a string or thin ribbon and you will have a beautiful Christmas ornament.
- Hang these flowers on some bare branches to create a decorative “tree” that celebrates the beauty of springtime blooms.
- Sew a ring of these flowers around the hem of a blouse or skirt to add some unique flair to your wardrobe.
- Use them as tiny doilies beneath votives, perfumes, or essential oil bottles.
- Add flowers to a lampshade to customize your lights with floral motifs.
- Attach a flower to a headband or barrette and wear it as a hair accessory.
The pattern includes a number of variations that you can choose from when making your flowers, so skim through the pages and get a feel for the options before you begin. And don’t forget you can play with color variations to create even more options.
Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Cotton #10 or any equivalent size 10 crochet thread
#6 Steel Crochet Hook or your choice of hook
Layered Petal Flower can be finished off after any petal row.
Finish after Round 3 = 1 ½ inches
Finish after Round 5 = 2 ½ inches
Finish after Round 7 = 3 inches
Finish after Round 9 = 3 ½ inches
Finish after Round 11 = 4 inches
This listing is for a pattern only. You will receive instructions on how to crochet the item yourself.